Monday 8 August 2011

TAIBU'S CARELESS STATEMENTS

TATENDA TAIBU is one the most senior cricketers in Zimbabwe. A lot of people,particularly the young ones see him as a role model and much worse an inspiration. He has done well for himself he has a legacy to ride on now.
On the eve of Zimbabwe’s return to Test Cricket he made what could be called an ill-advised comment. He said that no progress had been made by the board and cricket was still as bad as before.
Now I am sure the young man feels he has only good intention when he says these things but I am inclined to believe that such a representation would fall short of the truth.
My problem is not with what he had to say. I mean what do I know? I am not directly affected by the current Ozias Bvute led Zimbabwe Cricket from were I stand now and I can’t say that my sources have no self-interest when they speak to me. No one wants to look like the bad guy.
However given the timing, Taibu loses the argument here. On the eve of our return to the highest level of cricket you do not say things of this nature. True or not, there are ways to do these things. My question is, why wait until now? If the situation has been this bad since last August, why choose the day before a moment of pride to trash everyone who is working towards trying to make the game respectable. I am sure that administration has its fair share of mediocrity but not now.
From a management perception point of view this is as they call it, a fail. No fair-minded person will think that any good can come from a statement of this sort from a current senior cricketer.
I like the young man but I am a bit disappointed to be frank. I will just say he was most definitely ill advised advice. Remember this might be true, no one really knows beesides those that are swallowed by the system but I think he miss fired this time around.

1 comment:

  1. l agree with you the timing was nt perfect but the admnistration must have addressed the issues way back, they saw that no one is taking action thts way these things carry on, guess he saw that it was high time for the truth to be out than to pretend like all is well. Lydia

    ReplyDelete